Tuesday, July 14, 2020

NegOr Reiterates Travel Ban To And From Cebu, Talisay Cities

NegOr Reiterates Travel Ban To And From Cebu, Talisay Cities

Spotlight

Volunteer Group Launches ‘BIDA Eskwela’ To Raise P200K In 40-Days For Poor Schools

The initiative targets to send support to 20 school beneficiaries in mostly underprivileged and remote communities nationwide.

STI: Staying Education-Ready In The New Normal

STI is committed to face the challenges brought by the new normal of education, and at the same time, prioritize the needs and safety of its students.

SM Foundation Donates Masks And Face Shields To Cebu Hospitals And Quarantine Centers

SM Foundation donated KN95 masks, 3-ply masks, and face shields worth PHP2.5 million to Cebu hospitals and quarantine centers. Thank you, SM!

Francisco Motors Debunks Accusations That Modern PUVs Increase COVID-19 Transmission

"What worsens virus transmission are incompetence of vehicle personnel, complacency of those in-charge of the vehicles and negligence of passengers."

The province of Negros Oriental has reiterated its denial of entry or departure to locally stranded individuals (LSIs) from and to Cebu City and Talisay City amid the rising number of cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in the two areas.

On Thursday, a number of individuals were reported to have arrived at the Bato wharf in Samboan, Cebu province but were not granted authority to take the barge across Tañon Strait to Tampi, Amlan in Negros Oriental.

These individuals claimed to be LSIs who had secured a travel authority and medical certificate of good health, two requirements that were to be presented during their return to the province previously when the ban was not in effect.

Adrian Sedillo, executive director of the provincial Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID), on Thursday, said it is unfortunate that they are now covered by the latest prohibition, which is in accordance with national guidelines on the temporary ban on the entry of LSIs to and from these two cities.

“As mandated by the memorandum of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, LSIs coming to and from these cities are not allowed to travel,” he said.

Sedillo said the temporary ban on LSIs from the cities of Cebu and Talisay took effect early this week to curb the further spread of the new coronavirus that has caused an alarming spike in both cities.

A “total lockdown” of 12 barangays in Cebu City has been imposed, media reports say.

The Philippine National Police has directed the police stations to temporarily suspend the issuance of travel authority for LSIs bound for or departing from Cebu City and Talisay City, which are now tagged as Covid-19 “hotspots” by authorities.

Prior to the ban, the provincial government has received thousands of returning residents already, including LSIs, overseas Filipino workers, and returning overseas Filipinos.

Meanwhile, Sedillo said the entry of LSIs from other places still continues, subject to and in accordance with national government guidelines and protocols. (PNA)

Latest News

Mayor Evelio: Bacolod City, DOH Open 1st Hospital-Based Level 3 Biolab In PH

The City of Bacolod has partnered with the Department of Health (DOH) in establishing the first hospital-based Level 3 testing laboratory in the country.

Mayor Jun: Northern Samar Buys COVID-19 Test Kits

“Having our own supply of test kits will allow us to examine more suspected carriers of COVID-19, especially the locally stranded individuals who will be returning home."

Guv. Ongchuan Accepts LSIs Despite Appeal To Extend Ban

“We will allow documented locally stranded individuals to enter and return to our province. They just have to coordinate with their respective local government units.”

Cayetano: ABS-CBN Owners To Blame For Network’s Demise

“It wasn’t the government who shut ABS-CBN down, rather it was their owners’ playing fast and loose with our laws in the past decades, that made the shutdown inevitable.”

Cayetano: ABS-CBN Owners To Blame For Network’s Demise

“It wasn’t the government who shut ABS-CBN down, rather it was their owners’ playing fast and loose with our laws in the past decades, that made the shutdown inevitable.”

Monreal: COVID-19 Positive Workers At NAIA Now 32

As of July 14, NAIA has recorded 32 COVID-19 cases among its staff, including 10 recoveries.

PAGASA: ‘Carina’ Maintains Strength As It Moves Towards Luzon Strait

Bagyong Carina, patuloy ang pagbagsak habang ito ay patungo sa Luzon Strait.

PAGASA: ‘Carina’ Maintains Strength As It Moves Towards Luzon Strait

Bagyong Carina, patuloy ang pagbagsak habang ito ay patungo sa Luzon Strait.

Mayor Rafael Warns Of Landslide As ‘Carina’ Turns Northwest

Motorists passing through the coastal town of Pagudpud in the northernmost part of the province are advised to take precautionary measures as 'Carina may trigger landslide and flash flood in low lying areas.