‘The Ripple’ Podcast To Feature Ben&Ben, Moira, SB19, And More

Ben&Ben, Amiel Sol, and Denise Julia will share their stories on the upcoming episode of The Ripple.

‘My Love Will Make You Disappear’ Makes PHP40 Million In Four Days

The highly anticipated film, starring Kim Chiu and Paulo Avelino, has made PHP40 million in its first four days.

BJMP Odiongan Showcases PDLs Artworks, Products At Agri-Trade Fair

Ang mga PDL sa Odiongan ay naglunsad ng kanilang mga likhang sining sa Agri-Trade Fair. Makatutulong ito para sa kanilang muling pagsasama sa lipunan.

Classrooms And Gym Worth PHP24 Million Turned Over To La Union Schools

Ang mga estudyante at guro ay makikinabang sa mga bagong silid-aralan at gym sa La Union, na magpapahusay sa edukasyon at pisikal na kalusugan.

Pampanga Capital Pushes Mass Transit System To Solve Traffic Woes

San Fernando City government collaborates with a private firm to launch a mass transit system aimed at addressing the escalating traffic issues in the area.


By The Luzon Daily

Pampanga Capital Pushes Mass Transit System To Solve Traffic Woes

51
51

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The city government of San Fernando has tied up with a private firm for the establishment of a mass transit system that could address the worsening traffic situation here.

Mayor Vilma Balle-Caluag signed a memorandum of understanding with Jose Christopher Fornier II, president of private firm Futran (Future of Transport) Philippines, Inc., on Tuesday as an initial step towards the realization of a bold yet long-term solution to increasing transport issues in this province’s capital city.

Balle-Caluag said a feasibility study which will run for six to 12 months will be conducted to determine the technical and financial viability of the project.

The mass transit system called “People Mover Project” comprises a suspended podcar rail system that features a “green concept” involving sustainable and renewable energy through the use of solar panels.

“This will address the continuing traffic congestion amid the increasing size of the workforce, building clients and tourists in the city,” Caluag said in a statement on Wednesday.

The city government has been discussing various measures with different sectors to address the escalating traffic problems.

Among these are the modification of the scope and timing of the truck restriction in the city as well as the changing of the students and employees’ schedules.

Last week, Caluag issued an executive order for the implementation of a four-day compressed work week for office-based transactions and services as an alternative work arrangement effective Dec. 4.

She said the move is one of the city’s proactive measures to address traffic congestion.

However, regular operations of offices whose functions involve the delivery of health services, social welfare and development services, peace and order, and response to disasters/calamities shall still be implemented. (PNA)